5-Minute Spicy Rooster Bacon Scallion Cream Cheese
Who doesn't love a great schmear on their bagel, the problem is you can never find one worth buying in the grocery store and if you happen to have a bagel shop near you many if those spreads are mediocre at best. That's why I make my own. Add to that this recipe can be done in 5 minutes or less, and you have a winner!
- 1 - 8oz tub of whipped cream cheese (you can double this recipe and whip your own using 1lb of regular cream cheese)
- 4 strips Cooked Bacon (you can make from scratch but that will add 25 minutes to your prep time)
- 1/4 Cup Shredded Cheddar Jack Cheese
- 1 Scallion (AKA Green Onion)
- 1 Teaspoon Spicy Rooster Everything Spice
Empty cream cheese into bowl.
Dice cooked bacon and heat in microwave for 15-20 seconds (or heat in pan for about 2 minutes). This helps crips up store bought precooked bacon. (If you are cooking your bacon from scratch this crisping step is not needed). Place on paper towel to cool slightly.
Add all remaining ingredients to bowl and mix well. Scrap back into cream cheese tub.
Spread generously and enjoy!