Perfect Pulled Pork Tacos
The perfect pulled pork taco is not that hard to pull off (yes, that was a pulled pork pun, try saying that ten times fast)! Taco's are such a simple yet satisfying do-it-yourself meal and these pulled pork tacos are no exception. Slow roast or cook in a crockpot, either way, these Spicy Rooster BBQ Pulled Pork Tacos will melt in your mouth.
- 1 Pork Shoulder (Approx. 4 lbs.)
- 1 T Spicy Rooster Organic Everything Blend
- 1 Cup Spicy Rooster BBQ Sauce ** See Bottom for BBQ Sauce Recipe
- 1/2 Chicken Broth
- 1/2 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 T Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Pack Corn Tortillas (If you are not making them from scratch or buying them from a local restaurant, Trader Joes Handmade Tortillas are a great choice)
- 1 Bag Finely Shredded Slaw Mix (Or Slice/Shred Fresh Using Cabbage, Purple Cabbage and Carrots)
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 Tsp. Kosher salt
- 1/2 Tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 Tsp. Sugar
- 1 stalk green onion chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Canola Oil
- 2 Tablespoons White Vinegar
Other Possible Toppings:
- Corn Salsa + Cojita Cheese
- BBQ Sauce + Monterey Jack + Traditional Cole Slaw
Crock Pot METHOD:
- Pour oil into the bottom of a slow cooker. Place the pork roast into the slow cooker; pour in the barbecue sauce, apple cider vinegar, and chicken broth. Stir in the Spicy Rooster Everything blend and Worcestershire sauce. Cover and cook on High until the roast shreds easily with a fork, 5 to 6 hours.
- Remove the roast from the slow cooker, and shred the meat using two forks. Return the shredded pork to the slow cooker, and stir the meat into the juices.
Slow Roast Oven Method:
- Place pork on the rack of a roasting pan coated with cooking spray. Pour 1 cup water in bottom of roasting pan. Place rack in pan. Bake at 225° for 1 hour.
- Brush pork with BBQ Sauce mixture (do not remove from oven). Bake an additional 3 hours, basting every hour with BBQ Sauce mixture.
- Pour additional 1 cup water in bottom of roasting pan. Cover pork and pan tightly with foil. Bake an additional 3 3/4 hours or until a thermometer registers 175° or higher. Remove from oven; let stand, covered, 30 minutes.
- Remove the roast and shred the meat using two forks.
ASSEMBLE YOUR TACOS AND ENJOY!
Spicy Rooster BBQ Sauce
· ½ Cup Ketchup
· 3 Tablespoons Spicy Rooster BBQ Blend
· 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
· 3 Tablespoons Cider Vinegar
· 1 Tablespoon Honey
· 1 Dash Hot Sauce
· (If you like your BBQ sauce on the smoky side add a dash of liquid smoke)