Grilled Corn and Quinoa Salad
Today is the first official day of spring and we here at Spicy Rooster are craving a light and healthy salad full of springtime colors and Spicy Rooster flavors. So why not get the new season off to a healthy and flavorful start with this Grilled Corn and Quinoa Salad.
- 4 cobs fresh corn
- 2 cups quinoa
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 Fire Roasted Red Pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 large limes
- ¼ cup olive oil oil (or canola)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Spicy Rooster Cajun Blend
- 4 ounces Mexican queso or feta cheese
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- Grill the cobs of corn in their husks over medium high heat for 10 minutes. Remove from the grill, cool and then shuck. Cut the corn from the husks and place the cut kernels in a mixing bowl.
- While the corn is grilling, cook the quinoa according to package directions. After cooking, set aside to cool then add to the bowl with the corn, red onion, pepper, black beans, cheese and cilantro.
- Whisk the lime juice, vegetable oil, honey and spicy rooster cajun blend together in a small bowl and season with kosher salt. Pour over the mix, and stir gently to coat. Best served at room temperature.
ENJOY and stay tuned for more fun springtime recipes!