You don’t need to visit New Orleans for a fantastic Jambalaya! With Spicy Roosters Premium Cajun Blend you can have an authentic New Orleans style Jambalaya in your own home in about 30 minutes!
1 lb. shrimp, peeled, deveined (Shrimp Size 41-50’s)
1 Large chicken Breast, cubed (Thigh meat is great too)
2 Tablespoon Spicy Rooster Cajun Blend seasoning, recipe follows
2 Tablespoons olive oil
½ White Onion (chopped)
½ Red Pepper chopped (Traditionally green bell pepper I prefer red or yellow)
2 Stalks celery Chopped (I prefer finely chopped)
2 Tablespoons chopped garlic
1 Large tomato chopped
2 bay leaves
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 cup rice
3 cups chicken stock
2 Each Andouille sausage sliced (I prefer Linguica sausage when available)
1. In a bowl combine shrimp, chicken and Spicy Rooster Cajun Blend.
2. In a large saucepan heat oil over high heat with onion, pepper and celery, (@ 2-3 minutes).
3. Add garlic, tomatoes, bay leaves, and Worcestershire.
4. Stir in rice and add broth.
5. Reduce heat to medium and cook until rice absorbs liquid, about 15 minutes (Stir occasionally to prevent sticking).
6. Add shrimp and chicken mixture along with the sausage and cook approx. another 10 minutes.
7. Season to taste with salt and more Spicy Rooster Cajun Blend.
(Alternate cooking method is at step four add everything and bake in a Dutch oven at 300° with lid for approx. 25 minutes stirring occasionally until rice is tender. Cooking time may vary based on oven)