Amazing Spicy Rooster Cajun Chicken Sandwich
Spicy Rooster Cajun Chicken Sandwich
For 2 People
2 Chicken Breast (Lightly pounded for even cooking)
2 Tablespoon Spicy Rooster Cajun Blend
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1 large Roma Tomato
3 Slices Gouda Cheese
1/2 Red Onion Diced and Caramelized (Or slice in thick rings brush with oil and grill alongside chicken)
2 Butter Lettuce Leaves
2 Fresh Ciabatta, Brioche, or Pretzel rolls are good options
Spicy Rooster Cajun Spread (Small Batch)
This spread goes great on sandwiches and fish and chicken tacos!
1 Tablespoon Spicy Rooster Cajun Blend
¼ Cup Mayonnaise
¼ Cup Sour Cream
1 Teaspoon Fresh Lime Juice
1 Teaspoon Chopped Cilantro
· Pre heat grill.
· Mix 2 tablespoons of Spicy Rooster Cajun Blend with chicken and olive oil. Place on hot grill. (cook for approx. 4-5 minutes per side)
o (Optional: Heat cast Iron Skillet and sear seasoned chicken @ 2 minutes per side and finish in oven at 400° for approx. 4-5 minutes, this is the juiciest way! Then you can use the skillet for your onions and tomatoes and bread)
· While Chicken is cooking either caramelize onion in sauté pan with pinch of salt and pepper or brush sliced with oil and place on grill.
· Also slice Roma tomato in half, brush with olive oil and salt and pepper and grill on covered grill for approx. 4 minutes.
· Once everything is cooked remove items from grill and let rest while mixing Spicy Rooster Cajun Spread. Place bread on grill briefly to add a nice toasted crunch to the sandwich.
· Spread Spicy Rooster Cajun spread on top half of bread.
Assemble sandwich starting with chicken, cheese (1 to 1 ½ slices to cover chicken completely), tomato and butter lettuce. (Optional: I like to mash the roasted tomato and spread in on bottom half of bread).