Healthy Cajun Fish Tacos
As another New Year is fast approaching, thoughts often turn to healthy resolutions. Well, Spicy Rooster is here to help you with your health minded start to the new year with a great healthy recipe. These Cajun Fish Tacos are easy to make, burning with flavor, and Healthy!
(A quick side note these Cajun Fish Tacos can easily become Caribbean Fish Tacos by simply substituting Spicy Rooster Caribbean Blend for our Cajun Blend.)
- 1 pound Mahi-Mahi (cut into 1 inch strips) (Other great fish options here are Ono, Talapia, or Shark)
- 2 Tablespoons SPICY ROOSTER CAJUN BLEND
- 2 limes
- 1 Bag Finely Shredded Slaw Mix (Or Slice/Shred Fresh Using Cabbage, Purple Cabbage and Carrots)
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 Tsp. Kosher salt
- 1/2 Tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 Tsp. Sugar
- 1 stalk green onion chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Canola Oil
- 2 Tablespoons White Vinegar
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Low sour cream
- Season fish with Cajun Blend and a tablespoon of Canola oil and let marinate while grill or grill pan heats up.
- Mix slaw mix ingredients together.
- Warm the tortillas in a grill pan or skillet. Heat the pan to medium-high heat and warm each tortilla 1 minute per side – make sure not to heat it until it cracks. Wrap the tortillas in a clean tea towel to keep warm and set aside.
- Cook for 2 -3 minutes per side – until white and opaque.
- To assemble: place fish in taco add a heaping spoonful of slaw mix (or plain cabbage) onto the center of the tortilla. Top with low fat sour cream, sliced avocado, and lime wedges. Serve and Enjoy!
There are a few adjustments that can be made to make this recipe even easier. If you don't have the time or the ingredients to make the Slaw mix then you can simply use shredded cabbage instead of the slaw mix.
Another great change is mixing lime juice, Spicy Rooster Cajun Blend and sour cream together for a tasty Cajun taco spread.